We run the Lantra ATV training courses for Sit-In All-Terrain Vehicles and UTVs, which are designed for professional operators of Sit-In ATVs and provides a widely recognised certification throughout industry.
We can provide this training across Devon and the whole of the South West (and in fact the UK, please contact us for costs). We can also travel to your site, assess and train your operators in their working environment on the machines they will be using on a daily basis. Designed to assist with PUWER compliance, this training covers the recommendations of the HSE and is recognised by government, industry, military and most major landowners.
We can train two novice operators in a day, or up to three experienced operators. Costs vary from £410-£650/day, depending upon venue and machine requirements, and the certification is £35/candidate.
This course is designed for operators of John Deere Gator, Polaris Ranger, Kubota RTV, JCB Workmax, Yamaha Mule and other, similar side-by-side off-road vehicles.
ATV / UTV training courses with Lantra-Awards Sit-In ATV certificates and ID cards, have the objective of enabling all candidates to:
- comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on Safe Practice
- identify the risks associated with using a sit-in ATV
- select and use appropriate P.P.E.
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify the controls and components
- understand the function of all instruments
- carry out daily checks as indicated in the Operator’s Manual
- carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- identify and report any faults
- start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- carry out a ‘Failed Hill’ climb (full course only)
- carry out a Risk Assessment and plan the route
- operate the Sit-in ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- identify loading/towing capacities
- drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course only)
- load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- identify track profile and weight transfer
- load and unload machine from trailer/lorry
For more information about our ATV training courses, please contact us: